Monday, October 16, 2006

Japan Day 3 - Oct 8











Headed out to Asakusa to check out the popular temple Sensooji. We were starving since we didn't eat lunch so we grabbed some age manju or fried manju. That was just the beginning...we also ate chicken yakitori (teriyaki chicken on a stick), tako yaki (octopus breaded, rolled into small balls and fried up), and a crepe.










At the temple, they have these fortunes printed on paper called omikuji that you can try out. Mike went first and he pulls out the Dai-kichi or Great Blessing basically telling you that you will like like a king, encounter countless beautiful women, become rich beyond your dreams, etc, etc. Needlees to say, he was stoked! Beef pulls a small blessing out and it's pretty good. It's not like Mike's but better than what I pull. I have "luck" of pulling Dai-kyoo or Great Curse! I thought I was gonna be struck down by lightning right there and then! It was the worse of the worse! Death, poverty, hunger, you name it. Now, we had to clarify on what needed to be done because I was feeling a bit sick now so we asked the priests and they said if it's a good fortune, you keep it. If it's a bad fortune, you tie it on the tree to leave the bad luck there instead of taking it with you. I tied mines on as quickly as I could. We went to the other shrines to cleanse ourselves or Now, I felt I had to get a good luck paper so I asked Mimi if it was OK to go get another one and she said it was. If I got another curse, then Buddha is definitely sending a sign! Luckily I got a medium luck one which calmed me down a little.











Next stop was Akihabara, the electronics section of Tokyo. Nancy and Mimi heard about this weird thing where socially challenged guys go to talk to young girls dressed in maid costumes.
I don't know why they wanted to take us there but away we went. We got a flyer from one of these girls dressed up as a maid handing out flyers on the street and we found the place. At this place, all they did was dress up as maids and serve food. We didn't see any of them talking to the customers. It's not like we would be able to carry on much of a conversation anyway plus they all looked like they were 12 years old.

We ate at a Korean restaurant where you cook your own food on the grill. Kinda like the stuff you would find at Gyu-Kaku in Hawaii.

Played pool and darts at a place in Shinjuku which was pretty expensive. Dunno what the bill was since MC took care of it. Thanks MC! Don't play Mimi in darts or pool. Especially darts! She was killing everyone!


7 Comments:

Blogger Angry Asian Girl said...

Did you get anything from Akihabara besides getting a glimpse of 12-year old looking maids? Or too expensive?

8:34 AM  
Blogger Wayne's World said...

The maids or something from Akihabara? haha Nah, I bought some cheap headphones for $8. Not worth it. Not enough bass. Better to stick with the ipod headphones.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

Who's the cutie playing pool? Is that the same one wearing the denim jacket in the pics below?

Not bad!!! Did you work your WW mojo on her?

11:16 AM  
Blogger Wayne's World said...

I have no mojo! She's out of my league and she can beat me in darts! Wait, most girls can beat me in darts. haha

11:37 AM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

oh yeah, i forgot u don't like girls who are more athletic than u are! LOL

12:11 PM  
Blogger Wayne's World said...

I'm not sure what kind of exposure my friends were using. I'll ask them and let you know. Pretty cool though.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh BNO in less than 20 hours. Get ready to get nutz! Wakaru?

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home