Monday, April 17, 2006

What the hell are Anal Sacs?

So I come home on Friday and I see the butt of my doggie(golden retriever) is a little wet. So I look at her butt and there's this swollen lump around the size of a quarter by her butt! I was like what the hell is that?? Called the vet and made an appt for Monday to look at it because they said it could wait. Well on Saturday the thing kinda popped and brown stuff slowly oozed out of it. Not that smelly though surprisingly. She felt much better and I took her in today and she has to take antibiotics for 10 days. The vet said the sacs don't tend to be problem with larger dogs, but small dogs you have to sometimes manually empty them. Just glad my doggie is OK...whew....

4 Comments:

Blogger Gee Why said...

I think my in-laws pay their vet/groomer to squeeze the anal sacs of their dog once in a while. Don't know what they are, but I believe hobbits have them as well, and they need to be cleaned out with good old hobbitt boeuf-ing et eouf-ing.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Myong Choi said...

Glad Hoku's okay. Eww....anal sacs. We don't have those, do we?

11:18 PM  
Blogger   said...

Myong Choi: God, I hope not.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Angry Asian Girl said...

Poor dogs and their anal sacs. You know I haven't seen it on my dog yet. Yikes!

And for humans isn't it almost like rhoids?

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home