Monday, May 28, 2007

Wow! Miss Japan wins Miss Universe 2007!

Miss Universe 2007 - Miss Japan












In a a surprising finish, Miss Japan came out on top over some tough competition among the final five. I thought Miss Venezuela was going to take it with Miss Brazil finishing 2nd but was pretty stunned when Japan took it. This is only the 2nd time a Miss Japan has won the title. Here's the list of past winners. Omedetoo Gozaimasu Miss Japan!

Some observations:

- Vanessa Minnillo introduced James Kyson Lee as coming from Japan. He's from South Korea. Don't they write that kind of stuff down?
- What are the odds of Honey Lee pulling James Kyson Lee as her judge? I'm kinda surprised he didn't say something in Korean to her.
- The Korean translator didn't do such a good job. She seems to stumble alot.
- The Japanese translator did OK but could they pick a geekier guy?
- Michelle Kwan looks like she gained a little bit of weight
- I noticed some booing going on when Miss USA was on and I read later that it was some people protesting the U.S. policy regarding immigration.
- I was just thinking what would happen if someone fell on stage and boink goes Miss USA. I couldn't believe it. I felt so bad for her. I wonder if she got minus points for that?
- Miss Tanzania in the top 10? No comment.
- Thank goodness for my DVR! I watched the whole show in thirty minutes versus the two hours of air time.
- Damn! I lost my bet to Myong's Madness on who finished higher - USA or Korea.

Here's the rest of the top five:

1st Runner-up - Miss Brazil













2nd Runner-up - Miss Venezuela












3rd Runner-up - Miss Korea













4th Runner-up - Miss USA

2 Comments:

Blogger Myong Choi said...

Ha! I just finished writing my commentary on the pageant as well! Lots of same observations as you had. We have really similar comments.

Hmm...2 heterosexual guys watching the Miss Universe pageant....we're bordering dangerously on turning metrosexual aren't we? People might start questioning us if they didn't know better! LOL

11:51 PM  
Blogger Wayne's World said...

Yeah thank god for DVRs! Metro is watching all 2 hours and digging the fashion aspect of it. We're clueless when it comes to that. Well, at least I am. haha

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home