Saturday, December 27, 2008

Achilles injury update - 12/27/08

I stopped taking the pain killers yesterday. Looks like the healing is progressing good. It's starting to get itchy sometimes in the cast which gets irritating. I'm sure it'll get worse. My goal is to get off of the crutches as soon as possible. Thankfully, I injured my left achilles so I can drive an automatic car. I'll be switching cars with my dad so I'll have something to drive.

Here's an interesting blog for achilles injuries:

http://achillesblog.com/chronology-of-achilles-rupture-to-recovery/

Here are some stats:

Average Age (when injury occured): 37.5

Average Time to Partial Weight Bearing: 4 wks 4 days

Average Time to Full Weight Bearing: 6 wks 5 days

Average Time to 2-Shoes: 9 wks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home