Monday, December 29, 2008

Achilles injury update - 12/29/08

Went in to check on the suture and all is looking good. Here's a picture. The swelling isn't too bad and the pain is getting less and less each day. I'll be removing the stitches next Monday.

There are two types of achilles surgery:
  • In open surgery, the surgeon makes a single large incision in the back of the leg.
  • In percutaneous surgery, the surgeon makes several small incisions rather than one large incision.
My doc said that percutaneous are more susceptible to rerupture so most of the time they do open surgery.

I should be in a walking boot on January 23rd. One month from the surgery.

I set up my Flexible Savings Account(FSA) which is a way to use pre-tax dollars to pay for approved medical expenses. This the first time I'm using FSA so I allocated $700 for the upcoming year. I'll have till April 2010 to use the $700 up or use it. Shouldn't be a problem with the PT and other charges.

https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp

4 Comments:

Blogger Gee Why said...

Can you make it to a UH basketball game in early January or should we reschedule for a later date when you're more mobile?

4:43 PM  
Blogger Wayne's World said...

I can't make it in early January. I'll be in a walking boot after Jan 23rd so I can go after that.

7:01 PM  
Blogger tabasco man said...

Das what crutches are for!

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Cris said...

I'm sorry for your injury. It's good that you're injury is progressing, congratulations. Looking for good deals? Why not visit: http://www.wwhow.com/
It is an online service committed to local deals or bargain on products and services.

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home